DREAM LOT PTY LTD (ACN 618 825 237)
Dreamlot Pty Ltd (ABN 92 618 825 237) (“We”, “Us” or the “Company”) is committed to privacy protection. At Dream LOT, Dream LOT Website, Dream LOT App (“this Application”), we understand the importance of keeping personal information private and secure. This Privacy Statement describes generally how we manage personal information and safeguard privacy. If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at:
Head Office: Ground, 50 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060, Australia
Phone: 1800 568 000
We care about your privacy:
We will never rent, trade or sell your personal details and contact details to anyone.
We will never publicly display your name, address, email address or other personal details that identify you.
1. Australian Privacy Principles
We will treat all personal information in accordance with any and all obligations that are binding upon us under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). The Privacy Act lays down 13 key principles in relation to the collection and treatment of personal information, which are called the “Australian Privacy Principles”.
2. Personal Information
Personal information held by the Company may include your:
- name and date of birth;
- residential and business postal addresses, telephone/mobile/fax numbers and email addresses;
- bank account and/or credit card details for agreed billing purposes;
- your computer/smartphone and connection information; and
- any information that you otherwise share with us.
2.1 Information provided to Third Party Payment Providers / Platforms
You may choose to pay for your purchases of services in this Application securely and externally by third party payment gateway providers. Unless you expressly consent otherwise, we do not see or have access to any personal information that you may provide to such third party payment gateway providers, other than information that is required in order to process your order and deliver your purchased items to you (eg, your name, email address and billing address).
3. How we may collect your personal information
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to conduct our business to provide high-quality property management services to you.
3.1 Information that you provide to us
We may collect personal information that you provide to us about yourself when you:
- use this Dream LOT services, including (without limitation) when you:
– add reviews, forum or chat room messages or comments in any elements of Dream LOT Website/Application that permit user-generated content;
– register for access to member content or request certain member features; or
– complete an online contact form to contact us;
- provide information to us by telephone or through marketing or competition application forms; or
- send us an email or other communication.
3.2 IP Addresses
Dream LOT Website/Application may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers/smartphone on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. The Company collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. The Company may also collect and use web log, computer/smart phone and connection information for security purposes and to help prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, Dream LOT Website/Application.
Dream LOT Website/Application use “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file or a packet of information that is placed on your hard disk by a hosting server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer/smartphone. There are two types of cookies that may be used at Dream LOT Website/Application: a persistent cookie and a session cookie. A persistent cookie is entered by your Application browser into the “Cookies” folder on your computer/smartphone and remains in that folder after you close your Application browser, and may be used by your Application browser on subsequent visits to Dream LOT Website/Application. A session cookie is held temporarily in your computer’s/smartphone’s memory and disappears after you close your Application browser or shut down the Application. Cookies cannot be used to run programs. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a hosting server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. The Company extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources.
- remember your preferences for using Dream LOT Website/Application;
- facilitate e-commerce transactions, to ensure that your order is remembered between pages during the checkout process;
- show relevant notifications to you (eg, notifications that are relevant only to users who have, or have not, subscribed to newsletters or email or other subscription services); and
- remember details of data that you choose to submit to us (eg, through online contact forms or by way of comments, posts, chat messages, reviews, ratings, etc).
Many of these cookies are removed or cleared when you shut down the Website/Application but some may remain so that your preferences are remembered for future sessions.
5. How we may use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to place orders for services through Dream LOT Website/Application;
- process any purchases of services that you may make through Dream LOT Website/Application, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- respond to any queries or feedback that you may have;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, Dream LOT Website/Application;
- conduct research and development in respect of our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs or obtain your feedback or views about our services in order for us to improve them; and/or
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems,
and for any other purpose reasonably considered necessary or desirable by the Company in relation to the operation of our business.
From time to time we may email our customers with news, information and offers relating to our own services or those of selected partners. Your personal information may also be collected so that the Company can promote and market products and services to you. This is to keep you informed of products, services, and special offers we believe you will find valuable and may continue after you cease acquiring products and services from us. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know and we will respect your request. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time if you choose.
6. When we may disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require or for the purposes set out above, the Company may disclose your personal information to organisations outside the Company. Your personal information disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Dream LOT Website/Application, and the Company takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. These organisations may carry out or provide:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
- market research; and
- Application usage analysis.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit-related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage our business strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our business risk and funding functions; and
- the police or other appropriate persons where your communication suggests possible illegal activity or harm to others.
7. Contacting us about privacy
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information that we hold about you, or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy, please contact us by email@example.com.
7.1 Access to your personal information
In most cases, you may have access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. All requests for access to your personal information must be directed to the responsible officer by email using the email address provided above or by writing to us at our postal address. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information that is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. We may charge you a fee for access if a cost is incurred by us in order to retrieve your information, but in no case will we charge you a fee for your application for access.
In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to personal information that we hold about you. This may include circumstances where giving you access would:
- be unlawful (eg, where a record that contains personal information about you is subject to a claim for legal professional privilege by one of our contractual counterparties);
- have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy; or
- prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity.
We may also refuse access where the personal information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
7.2 Correcting your personal information
We will amend any personal information about you that is held by us and that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date if you request us to do so. If we disagree with your view about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information that is held by us, and you ask us to associate with that record a statement that you have a contrary view, we will take reasonable steps to do so.
8. Storage and security of your personal information
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you provide to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised use or alteration. In our business, personal information may be stored both electronically (on our computer systems and with our Application hosting provider) and in hard-copy form. Firewalls, anti-virus software and email filters, as well as passwords, protect all of our electronic information. Likewise, we take all reasonable measures to ensure the security of hard-copy information.
9. Third party Link/Website/Application
You may click-through to third party websites/application from Dream LOT Website/Application, in which case we recommend that you refer to the Privacy Statement of the Websites/Application you visit. This Privacy Statement applies to Dream LOT Website/Application only and the Company assumes no responsibility for the content of any third-party websites/application.
9.1 Redirection to Third Party Payment Gateway
In particular, when you submit an order to us, you select which third party payment gateway provider in order to complete the required payment. The payment page that is provided by such third-party payment gateway providers is not part of Dream LOT Website/Application. As noted above, we are not privy to any of the bank account, credit card or other personal information that you may provide to such third party payment gateway providers, other than information that is required in order to process your order for services and deliver your purchased items to you (eg, your name, email address and billing address). We recommend that you refer to such providers’ Privacy Statement if you would like more information about how they collect and handles your personal information.
10. Changes to this Privacy Statement
* * * *
If you require any further information about the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website (see www.privacy.gov.au).